AUD $61590total per person
Deluxe VerandaSize including veranda: 270 sq. ft. 11:00 a.m. embarkation 2:00 p.m. stateroom access 1...
Deluxe Veranda - Category DV2DV2
AUD $61,590total per person
AUD $172461total per person
Owner's SuiteEverything a standard veranda room includes, plus the following: Largest suite on board: 1,448 sq. ft....
Owner's Suite - Category OSOS
AUD $172,461total per person
- Size including veranda: 270 sq. ft.
- 11:00 a.m. embarkation
- 2:00 p.m. stateroom access
- 1 guaranteed priority reservations at each specialty restaurant: 60 days prior
- Priority shore excursion reservations: 67 days prior
- Priority booking of spa treatments: 60 days prior
- Mini-bar with soft drinks, water & snacks, replenished once daily
- In-suite binoculars, coffee maker & cashmere blanket
- Purified water refilled daily
- King-size Viking Explorer bed with luxury linens
- 24-hour room service
- Luxury robes, slippers & toiletries
- 42" flat-screen LCD TV
- Interactive TV & movies-on-demand
- Security safe, hair dryer, 110/220 volt outlets
- Direct dial satellite phone & cell service
- Everything a standard veranda room includes, plus the following:
- Largest suite on board: 1,448 sq. ft. including expansive veranda (multi-room suite)
- 4 guaranteed priority reservations at each alternative restaurant: 107 days prior
- First priority shore excursion reservations: 107 days prior
- Priority booking of spa treatments: 107 days prior
- Large master bathroom featuring oversize glass-enclosed walk-in shower, full-size tub, double-sink vanity, heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirrors, plus two guest bathrooms
- 24-hour room service (including service from any restaurant during open hours)
- Generously proportioned walk-in closets & ample drawer storage
- Welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- Spacious, well-appointed living room
- Separate dining area that seats 6 guests
- Private library, wine & music collections curated by Chairman Torstein Hagen
- Ocean-view dry sauna
- Boardroom (seats 12) for business meetings & catered dinner parties with first oceangoing vapor light fireplace
- Pantry for room service & hosted events
- Complimentary shore excursion with private car & driver (up to 4 guests) in destination of your choice
- Daily personalized tea or pre-dinner cocktail & canapés by request
- Dinner & guided tour with ship officers (subject to availability)
Deluxe Veranda - Category DV2
Owner's Suite - Category OS
Please note: All prices featured are per person (unless otherwise stated), and include non commission fares (taxes, fees and port expenses). Prices and availability are subject to change due to changes made by the Cruise Companies. Prices quoted are based on payments made via BPAY or bank transfer. Visa and Mastercard payments incur a 1.5% transaction fee.
Day 1Los Angeles Depart: Sat, Jan 4, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 2Cruise The Pacific Ocean
Arrive: Sun, Jan 5, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sun, Jan 5, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 3At Sea
Mon, Jan 6, 2020
Day 4At Sea
Tue, Jan 7, 2020
Day 5At Sea
Wed, Jan 8, 2020
Day 6At Sea
Thu, Jan 9, 2020
Day 7At Sea
Fri, Jan 10, 2020
Day 8At Sea
Sat, Jan 11, 2020
Arrive: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 10Cruise The South Pacific Ocean
Arrive: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Tue, Jan 14, 2020 @ 18:00
Depart: Tue, Jan 14, 2020 @ 18:00
Arrive: Wed, Jan 15, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Jan 15, 2020 @ 18:00
Arrive: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 14Cruise The South Pacific Ocean
Arrive: Fri, Jan 17, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Fri, Jan 17, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Sat, Jan 18, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Sat, Jan 18, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 16Cruise The South Pacific Ocean
Arrive: Sun, Jan 19, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sun, Jan 19, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 17At Sea
Mon, Jan 20, 2020
Day 18At Sea
Tue, Jan 21, 2020
Day 19Tongatapu (nuku'alofa)
Arrive: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 20Cruise The South Pacific Ocean
Arrive: Thu, Jan 23, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Jan 23, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Fri, Jan 24, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Fri, Jan 24, 2020 @ 14:00
Day 22Cruise The South Pacific Ocean
Arrive: Sat, Jan 25, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Jan 25, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 23At Sea
Sun, Jan 26, 2020
Day 24Bay Of Islands (waitangi)
Arrive: Mon, Jan 27, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Mon, Jan 27, 2020 @ 17:00
Arrive: Tue, Jan 28, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Tue, Jan 28, 2020 @ 07:00
Arrive: Wed, Jan 29, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Jan 29, 2020 @ 18:00
Arrive: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 @ 06:00
Depart: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 @ 16:45
Arrive: Fri, Jan 31, 2020 @ 12:00
Depart: Fri, Jan 31, 2020 @ 18:00
Arrive: Sat, Feb 1, 2020 @ 09:00
Depart: Sat, Feb 1, 2020 @ 18:00
Arrive: Sun, Feb 2, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Sun, Feb 2, 2020 @ 17:30
Arrive: Mon, Feb 3, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Mon, Feb 3, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 32Cruise The Doubtful Sound
Arrive: Tue, Feb 4, 2020 @ 14:00
Depart: Tue, Feb 4, 2020 @ 17:30
Day 33Cruise The Tasman Sea
Arrive: Wed, Feb 5, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Feb 5, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 34At Sea
Thu, Feb 6, 2020
Arrive: Fri, Feb 7, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Fri, Feb 7, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 36Cruise The Tasman Sea
Arrive: Sat, Feb 8, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Feb 8, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Sun, Feb 9, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Sun, Feb 9, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 38Cruise The Tasman Sea
Arrive: Mon, Feb 10, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Mon, Feb 10, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Tue, Feb 11, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Tue, Feb 11, 2020 @ 07:00
Arrive: Wed, Feb 12, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Feb 12, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 41Cruise The Tasman Sea
Arrive: Thu, Feb 13, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Feb 13, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Fri, Feb 14, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Fri, Feb 14, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 43Cruise The Coral Sea
Arrive: Sat, Feb 15, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Feb 15, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 44Whitsunday Island (airlie Beach)
Arrive: Sun, Feb 16, 2020 @ 07:30
Depart: Sun, Feb 16, 2020 @ 14:00
Arrive: Mon, Feb 17, 2020 @ 08:30
Depart: Mon, Feb 17, 2020 @ 23:00
Day 46Cruise The Coral Sea
Arrive: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 47Thursday Island
Arrive: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 48Cruise The Arafura Sea
Arrive: Thu, Feb 20, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Feb 20, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 49At Sea
Fri, Feb 21, 2020
Arrive: Sat, Feb 22, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Sat, Feb 22, 2020 @ 13:30
Day 51Cruise The Timor Sea
Arrive: Sun, Feb 23, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sun, Feb 23, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Mon, Feb 24, 2020 @ 09:00
Depart: Mon, Feb 24, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 53Bali (benoa)
Arrive: Tue, Feb 25, 2020 @ 12:00
Depart: Tue, Feb 25, 2020 @ 22:00
Day 54Cruise The Java Sea
Arrive: Wed, Feb 26, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Feb 26, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 55Semarang (borobudur)
Arrive: Thu, Feb 27, 2020 @ 06:00
Depart: Thu, Feb 27, 2020 @ 16:00
Day 56Cruise The Java Sea
Arrive: Fri, Feb 28, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Fri, Feb 28, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 57Cruise The South China Sea
Arrive: Sat, Feb 29, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Feb 29, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 58Muara (bandar Seri Begawan)
Arrive: Sun, Mar 1, 2020 @ 11:00
Depart: Sun, Mar 1, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 59Kota Kinabalu
Arrive: Mon, Mar 2, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Mon, Mar 2, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 60Cruise The South China Sea
Arrive: Tue, Mar 3, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Tue, Mar 3, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Wed, Mar 4, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Wed, Mar 4, 2020 @ 08:00
Arrive: Thu, Mar 5, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Mar 5, 2020 @ 13:00
Day 63Cruise The East China Sea
Arrive: Fri, Mar 6, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Fri, Mar 6, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Sat, Mar 7, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Sat, Mar 7, 2020 @ 16:00
Day 65Hong Kong
Arrive: Sun, Mar 8, 2020 @ 13:00
Depart: Sun, Mar 8, 2020 @ 13:00
Day 66Hong Kong
Arrive: Mon, Mar 9, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Mon, Mar 9, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 67Hong Kong
Arrive: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 @ 23:00
Day 68Cruise The South China Sea
Arrive: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 69Cruise The South China Sea
Arrive: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 70Ho Chi Minh City
Arrive: Fri, Mar 13, 2020 @ 11:30
Depart: Fri, Mar 13, 2020 @ 11:30
Day 71Ho Chi Minh City
Arrive: Sat, Mar 14, 2020 @ 12:00
Depart: Sat, Mar 14, 2020 @ 12:00
Day 72Ho Chi Minh City
Arrive: Sun, Mar 15, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sun, Mar 15, 2020 @ 23:00
Day 73Scenic Cruising: Gulf Of Thailand
Arrive: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 74Sihanoukville (kampong Saom)
Arrive: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 @ 20:00
Day 75Laem Chabang (bangkok)
Arrive: Wed, Mar 18, 2020 @ 12:30
Depart: Wed, Mar 18, 2020 @ 12:30
Day 76Laem Chabang (bangkok)
Arrive: Thu, Mar 19, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Mar 19, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 77Koh Samui
Arrive: Fri, Mar 20, 2020 @ 08:30
Depart: Fri, Mar 20, 2020 @ 15:00
Day 78Scenic Cruising: Gulf Of Thailand
Arrive: Sat, Mar 21, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Mar 21, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Sun, Mar 22, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Sun, Mar 22, 2020 @ 16:00
Day 80Kuala Lumpur (port Klang)
Arrive: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 @ 17:30
Day 81George Town (penang)
Arrive: Tue, Mar 24, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Tue, Mar 24, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 82Cruise The Andaman Sea
Arrive: Wed, Mar 25, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Mar 25, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 83Scenic Cruising: Bay Of Bengal
Arrive: Thu, Mar 26, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Mar 26, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 84At Sea
Fri, Mar 27, 2020
Arrive: Sat, Mar 28, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Sat, Mar 28, 2020 @ 08:00
Arrive: Sun, Mar 29, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sun, Mar 29, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 87Cruise The Laccadive Sea
Arrive: Mon, Mar 30, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Mon, Mar 30, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Tue, Mar 31, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Tue, Mar 31, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 89Cruise The Arabian Sea
Arrive: Wed, Apr 1, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Apr 1, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 90Goa (mormugao)
Arrive: Thu, Apr 2, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Thu, Apr 2, 2020 @ 15:00
Day 91Mumbai (bombay)
Arrive: Fri, Apr 3, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Fri, Apr 3, 2020 @ 23:00
Day 92Cruise The Arabian Sea
Arrive: Sat, Apr 4, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Apr 4, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 93At Sea
Sun, Apr 5, 2020
Arrive: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 95Cruise The Arabian Sea
Arrive: Tue, Apr 7, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Tue, Apr 7, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 96Cruise The Red Sea
Arrive: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 97At Sea
Thu, Apr 9, 2020
Day 98At Sea
Fri, Apr 10, 2020
Day 99At Sea
Sat, Apr 11, 2020
Day 100At Sea
Sun, Apr 12, 2020
Arrive: Mon, Apr 13, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Mon, Apr 13, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 102Luxor (safaga)
Arrive: Tue, Apr 14, 2020 @ 06:00
Depart: Tue, Apr 14, 2020 @ 23:00
Day 103Scenic Cruising: Suez Canal
Arrive: Wed, Apr 15, 2020 @ 22:59
Depart: Wed, Apr 15, 2020 @ 22:59
Day 104Scenic Cruising: Suez Canal
Arrive: Thu, Apr 16, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Thu, Apr 16, 2020 @ 17:30
Arrive: Fri, Apr 17, 2020 @ 07:00
Depart: Fri, Apr 17, 2020 @ 21:00
Day 106Cruise The Mediterranean Sea
Arrive: Sat, Apr 18, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sat, Apr 18, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 107At Sea
Sun, Apr 19, 2020
Arrive: Mon, Apr 20, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Mon, Apr 20, 2020 @ 08:00
Arrive: Tue, Apr 21, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Tue, Apr 21, 2020 @ 12:00
Arrive: Wed, Apr 22, 2020 @ 07:30
Depart: Wed, Apr 22, 2020 @ 14:00
Arrive: Thu, Apr 23, 2020 @ 10:30
Depart: Thu, Apr 23, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 112Murcia (cartagena)
Arrive: Fri, Apr 24, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Fri, Apr 24, 2020 @ 16:00
Day 113Granada (malaga)
Arrive: Sat, Apr 25, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Sat, Apr 25, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 114Cruise The Mediterranean Sea
Arrive: Sun, Apr 26, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Sun, Apr 26, 2020 @ 00:00
Arrive: Mon, Apr 27, 2020 @ 07:30
Depart: Mon, Apr 27, 2020 @ 18:00
Day 116Cruise The Atlantic Ocean
Arrive: Tue, Apr 28, 2020 @ 00:00
Depart: Tue, Apr 28, 2020 @ 00:00
Day 117At Sea
Wed, Apr 29, 2020
Day 118London (dover)
Arrive: Thu, Apr 30, 2020 @ 08:00
Depart: Thu, Apr 30, 2020 @ 17:00
Day 119London (greenwich)
Arrive: Fri, May 1, 2020 @ 07:15
Depart: Fri, May 1, 2020 @ 07:15
Day 120London (greenwich) Arrive: Sat, May 2, 2020 @ 00:00
Viking Ocean Cruises offer many exciting dining choices, each with breathtaking views. From sophisticated regional dishes and chef’s selections with wine pairings to rustic Italian cuisine and global fare.
- The Restaurant. The main dining venue, The Restaurant offers the highest onboard dining experience amid a clean and streamlined Scandinavian design. In an open and inviting atmosphere, breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with sweeping exterior views through all-glass walls—so your destination will always be close by. The menu includes regional cuisine and always available American classics enhanced with locally sourced ingredients, so you can explore new cultures through food.
- Manfredi's Italian Restaurant. Manfredi’s offers the best of Italian cuisine, whether the farm-inspired heartiness of Tuscany or the famed flavors from the heart of Rome. Subdued, ambient lighting creates a warm and welcoming air in this traditional restaurant, recalling Italy’s beloved trattorias and a rich European heritage. Chianti by the carafe, freshly prepared pastas and generous antipasto are accompanied by fresh seafood and a true spirit of abbondanza. This restaurant’s private dining room provides an opportunity to have an intimate meal with family, business colleagues or newfound friends.
- The Chef's Table. The sommeliers and culinary masters at The Chef’s Table create the perfect pairing of food and wine. During a multicourse tasting, they pour select vintages and serve thoughtfully prepared dishes made for each other. Drawing on the grapes and spices that have been enhancing gastronomic pleasures for centuries, your expert hosts will enlighten every sip and forkful with fascinating commentary as you experience a thrilling synergy of aromas and flavors. This restaurant’s private dining room provides an opportunity to have an intimate meal with family, business colleagues or newfound friends.
- World Café. With live cooking, open kitchens and buffet-style meal service, the World Café provides a vibrant interactive experience and a wide range of international flavors in a casual environment. Guests can choose their favorite foods—from the deli, the pasta or wok station, sushi bar or dessert station—prepared and presented in a stylish setting. Dine indoors or al fresco at shaded wood tables on the Aquavit Terrace, both offering stunning panoramic views.
- Aquavit Terrace. In the spirit of the revolutionary outdoor settings of Viking's award-winning river ships, Viking Ocean Cruises have created the Aquavit Terrace, providing more al fresco dining experiences than on any ship at sea. Located outside the World Café at the stern of the ship, the inviting terrace is transformed by night into a magical space where your destination is your dining room. By day, it’s a great place to dine and relax in the lounge area around the Infinity Pool.
- Mamsen's. Located in the Explorers’ Lounge and named for “Mamsen,” the Hagen family matriarch, this venue offers Norwegian specialties for breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack or evening treat. The array of menu items includes Scandinavian pastries and cakes; waffles, according to Mamsen’s recipes, served with either Norwegian goat cheese or jam; salmon gravlax and other open-faced sandwiches; and late-night split pea soup to warm the heart and soothe the soul.
- Wintergarden. Late afternoon tea—that hallmark of English civility—is served in the Wintergarden. Freshly made finger sandwiches, richly textured scones and decadent desserts are presented on bountiful tiered carts, all from the kitchen of Viking's masterful pastry chef. In this elegant space under a canopy of Scandinavian trellised wood, you can participate in a calming tea ceremony or indulge in an afternoon tea service while enjoying the soft strains of a string quartet. With a park-like setting and panoramic views, it’s an inspiring respite after a day of exploration.
- Pool Grill. For a relaxed lunch or an afternoon snack, the Pool Grill serves casual fare prepared to order. Or for a lighter meal, a small salad bar is available. A condiment bar lets you customize your meal to suit your tastes with sides from grilled mushrooms to savory red-cabbage slaw. The poolside atmosphere welcomes lounging and leisurely dips in the water; the nearby Pool Bar offers regional cocktails.
- Room Service. Care to enjoy a quiet dinner in the comfort of your stateroom? A midnight snack? Or perhaps breakfast in bed? For your convenience, Viking Ocean Cruises offer 24-hour room service, 7 days a week, with many of Viking's signature dishes to choose from, such as the Chairman’s favorite Norwegian poached salmon with cucumber salad or Viking's classic Caesar salad.
- The Kitchen Table. Immerse yourself in local culture and cuisine on an interactive culinary journey. At Viking's onboard cooking school, experience firsthand how Viking Ocean Cruises ships’ world-class chefs bring distinct, local flavors from market to table. On sea days, you’ll learn to cook dishes highlighting an upcoming destination and take home recipes so you can savor the flavors at home. On port days, you’ll handpick ingredients at a local market then learn how to prepare regional dishes and create elegant presentations for three courses. The Kitchen Table is a one-of-a-kind optional opportunity to shop, cook and eat with the masters.
Bars and Lounges
Inspired by the trade routes of Vikings, the Explorers’ Lounge is the ideal place for guests to share their discoveries over an aquavit or a craft beer while sampling fine Scandinavian fare. Central to the Explorers’ Lounge is Mamsen’s, a casual gourmet deli inspired by Norwegian cuisine, from smoked salmon to open-faced sandwiches and locally sourced charcuterie and cheeses. The daily “Waffle Hour” provides mouth-watering samples of the beloved treat.
- The ideal setting for relaxation and conversation, The Viking Living Room draws guests together. Spacious seating, melodic piano tunes, live entertainment and planned activities foster rich camaraderie. And its well-curated Viking Library informs even the best-read traveler. Adorned with nautical touches from Viking days, including the clinker-built bar inspired by ancient longships, it is the most inspired living room at sea.
Enjoy a cocktail in the Viking Bar, which is located on the ground floor of the atrium.
When you yearn for serenity, there is no better place on ship than a visit to the Wintergarden. This charming, airy space around the main pool is perfect for relaxing in clean, uncluttered Scandinavian-designed environment. Even here, our focus is on enrichment, as this is the place to witness a tea ceremony, or indulge in an afternoon tea service, complete with hand-selected teas, finger sandwiches and pastries.
The heated Main Pool and hot tub provide a calming oasis in any weather. The retractable roof allows for any-time swims and soaks.
A haven for relaxation, it’s a fun spot to socialize during a day at sea. It’s been thoughtfully designed for lap swims, leisurely wading or enjoying a drink poolside.
By night, it’s a magical setting for star gazing and for viewing our “Movies under the Stars.”
The Infinity Pool, one of the first of its kind at sea, gives you a sense of swimming in the heart of your destination. Its glass backing is infused with the spirit of exploration.
This relaxing setting also offers an inviting hot tub. Relax on the teak deck, which transforms into the Aquavit Terrace in the evening.
The pool’s shimmering surface lends a peaceful backdrop to this al fresco dining option.
Relax in the soaring atrium and mingle with like-minded guests as you enjoy a cocktail from the Viking Bar.
Viking Cruises also reinvented the spa experience; drawing upon the holistic wellness philosophy of Nordic culture. To stimulate your circulatory system visit our snow grotto where snowflakes gently descend from the ceiling through chilled air, then invigorate yourself in the sauna, following a centuries-old Nordic tradition.
The Theater, features live performances that bring you closer to the culture of our destinations. Sometimes, the destination connects you to exists solely in the realm of an otherworldly theatrical journey, as is the case with beautifully themed shows.
The curtains of destinations with cinema in two movie theaters, which show first-run films you have not yet seen as well as destination-driven cinema such as "Room with A View," "Roman Holiday," or "Skyfall." And because the intellect also needs to be stimulated, our theaters will always be buzzing with fresh, new insights from our port talks and onboard lectures that feature the history, art, and culture of our destinations. And to explore the world in comfort, Viking Cruises are in favor of soft and spacious sofa seating.
Expand your horizons on comfortable, state-of-the-art ships, intimate and thoughtfully created by experienced nautical architects and designers to enrich your interaction with your destination in every way. Each sister ship carries only 930 guests and is engineered at a scale that allows direct access into most ports. The fleet features understated elegance and modern Scandinavian design.
- Vessel: Viking Sun
- Onboard Currency: USD
- 24-hour room service
- 42" flat-screen LCD TV
- All meals included
- All Staterooms have a veranda
- Bars and Lounges
- Drinks Included in fares
- Free Wifi Onboard
- King-size Luxury Beds
- One included shore excursion in every port of call
Viking Sun - Deck Plans
Cruise code: OSU200104D
Viking World Wonders Cruise
- Departing from Los Angeles
- Viking Sun
All Inclusive: 10 Dining Venues; Beverages with Meal (upgrade for US$20pp/day for unlimited beverages); WiFi; Gratuities; Spa Facilities; 1 x Shore Excursion per Port plus more
World Cruise Exclusive:
- Business Class air (Business Class Air for tranatlantic flights; domestic in First Class. From listed gateway cities; call for details)
- Ground transfers to/from the ship; private car transfers for Owner’s Suite or Explorer Suite guests.
- All onboard gratuities and service fees
- Our Silver Spirits beverage package, including virtually all drinks on board
- Complimentary VISA Service (When using Viking recommended VISA service)
- One excursion in each port
- Unlimited free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Alternative restaurant dining at no extra charge (Excludes The Kitchen Table)
- Access to top-rated spa & state-of-the-art fitness center
- Self-service launderette available to all guests; laundry, dry cleaning, shoe shine and pressing available based on stateroom category
- Port taxes and fees
- $2,000 USD per person shore excursions credit, which can be used toward optional shore excursions or overland tours.
Frequently asked questions
Cruising is such a great value holiday as your fare includes accommodations, all main meals onboard ship, onboard daytime activities, and night-time entertainment including live stage shows. One reason cruising is good value is because you'll know what most of your holiday will cost before you go. Generally your only extra onboard expenses could be your beverages (though these are sometimes included on luxury ships), optional shore excursions, personal services such as spa treatments, and any purchases at the gift and duty free shops.
All your main meals are included on a cruise. Typically for breakfast, lunch and dinner there is an a la carte option (order from a menu) or a buffet option. There is so much choice available, and the food is excellent. However, your cruise doesn't always just include these 3 main meals. You can in fact eat non-stop for 24 hours a day if you like.
Most cruise lines also offer specialty dining as an alternative option to the main restaurants. There is typically a small cover charge for this. However, the food is well worth it, and the specialty restaurants are normally smaller and more intimate than the main restaurants so they make for a great place to celebrate a special occasion.
The entertainment on board comes in many different styles and formats but is always included in the cruise fare. In the evening there are shows in the main show lounge (except small ship cruising). Typically there are two sessions a night so, depending on your dinner time, you can always catch the show. The style of these shows changes daily. Some nights it will include all of the ship’s entertainment crew with a Las Vegas style production. Other nights there may be a guest entertainer or comedian. There is something for everyone.
The entertainment doesn't stop with the nightly performances. Each night the ship provides a newsletter detailing all the activities that will take place the following day. These activities may include dance classes, arts and crafts, table tennis, live music, tournaments, trivia quizzes, recent release movies, and other deck games and deck parties. The great thing about a cruise is that you can do as much or as little as you like. If your idea of a holiday is sitting back with a good book, you can do that. If you like to be entertained there is no shortage of entertainment.
One of the main reasons for a cruise making such a great family holiday is the “kids club” facilities offered on board, and they are all included in your cruise fare. Typically the kids clubs are broken into 3 different age groups - 3 to 6 years, 7 to 12 years, and 13 – 17 years. In these dedicated children’s facilities they are looked after by trained staff and the facilities are open from 9am – 10pm. Parents can check their children into the “kids club” whenever it suits them. Children love these facilities as it is “their space” aboard the ship.
NB Each cruise line has limited space on board the ship for children as the kids club facilities can cater for a limited number of children, and any child booked onto a cruise has access to the kids club. If you are planning on taking a cruise during the school holidays then you need to book early as the children's space will sell out. Also, while most cruise lines have kids club facilities there are some exceptions (not common) so you should check this at time of booking.
The chances are you will not get seasick. On a cruise most people do not suffer from motion sickness. However, if you are going to get seasick then it is likely to happen in the first 24 hours. If you limit the amount of alcohol you consume and activities you do in the first 24 hours you can reduce the chance of this happening. Another thing you can do is select a midship cabin on a lower deck. A cabin in the middle of the ship (midship) will experience the least amount of movement.
There are a number of other precautions/medications you can take, and these can be purchased before you travel at a pharmacy or health shop. Otherwise you can buy them on board.
The best thing you can do if you feel seasick is visit the ship’s doctor. They can give you an injection that will give you relief from your seasickness within 30 minutes. You have planned and saved for your holiday, don't ruin it by feeling sick. Visit the doctor for the injection and get it treated straight away. If you have travel insurance then you can claim this back.
IMPORTANT: A visit to the doctor on board will cost you money so we strongly recommend you get travel insurance before you depart on your holiday.
Terms and conditions for this cruise
Frequently Asked Questions
Shore excursions are pre-organised tours & sightseeing options that you purchase on board for when your ship is in a port of call. Every ship has a “Shore Ex” desk with qualified staff who can advise you of different excursions available, what’s best to do and generally help you with information on the particular region your ship is visiting.
Shore excursions can be booked on board your ship however some cruise lines allow you to pre-book and pay for excursions online. If there is a tour you really want to do then we recommend you pre-book it as popular tours do sell out.
Shore excursions are not compulsory, you are free to go ashore and return to the ship as many times as you like.
When you go ashore it is important to note:
You must take your cruise I.D. card (ticket) as proof for re-embarking.
The city or town you are visiting may not be close to the port where the ship is docked, cruise lines normally organise shuttle buses (at a minimal charge) throughout the day to and from the city centre.
You must return to the ship at the stipulated time as the ship WILL NOT wait for late passengers.
Tour costs vary depending on the activity, itinerary and inclusions. There is always a wide variety on offer for all age groups and abilities that can start from as little as $25.
Sometimes you can book your tour, when you arrive at your port, direct from the operator at a much cheaper price. However, this comes with a buyer beware warning. The operators used by the cruise line are trusted professionals so you will not be ripped off. Also, if something goes wrong on your tour, the cruise line knows where you are and will take the necessary steps to pick you up if your vehicle has broken down. In extreme cases they will even hold the ship's departure for you if you are late returning from a tour booked through the ship. They will not wait if you go direct through the operator, as they will not know where you are.
Unlike airlines, there are no luggage restrictions on a cruise. However you need to consider that you need to store it in your cabin for your holiday. There is plenty of storage space in your cabin but if you are travelling in a quad cabin you may want to impose your own restrictions.
NB It is important to remember that airlines have different luggage restrictions, so if you are flying either pre or post cruise then you may want to keep within their allowances.
Cruise lines around the world do not all operate using the same onboard currency. The currency varies from cruise line to cruise line with the most common currency being US dollars. P&O Cruises Australia, Carnival Spirit and the Sun and Dawn Princess all use Australian dollars as their onboard currency.
Cruising is a cashless society which means when you purchase anything on board you do not pay for it in cash. When you board the ship it is like checking into a hotel, you can either give a credit card imprint or the cruise line will take a cash deposit of approximately $300. You are then given a “cruise card”. Your cruise card is your door key (on most ships), has your dinner table number on it (for traditional dining), and it is used for making any purchases aboard.
When you make a purchase with your cruise card, it is swiped and a receipt is printed that you will need to sign. The cost of the purchase is then added to your onboard account which you settle at the end of your cruise.
Many cruises on our websites come with onboard credits. This could be from a special promotion that is being run by the cruise line or because of the relationship we have with the cruise lines that allows us to select certain cruises to receive onboard credit. The amount of onboard credit does normally depend on the length of the cruise.
If your reservation receives onboard credit we will confirm this with you in writing and then your onboard account will automatically be in credit for the amount we have confirmed to you. This credit can be used towards any onboard expenditure that is charged back to your cabin. It is important to note that if you do not spend all of your onboard credit it will not be refunded to you in cash so it is best you spend it all while on board.
Tipping/gratuities are a big issue for a lot of Australasian cruise passengers as it is not our custom to reward good service in this way. What cruise passengers need to consider is that outside of Australasia, the remuneration for personnel in the service industry is quite low. Hence, to keep up a high standard, employees have the incentive of earning additional income via the tips they receive. At the end of the day, how much you tip is up to you.
The most common way cruise lines suggest tipping, is that they add a suggested amount to your daily onboard account. You can choose to keep that on your account or you can ask the purser to remove it. This suggested amount is divided out amongst your cabin steward, your dinner waiter, your assistant waiter, your wine steward, and maitre d’.
Some cruise lines ask passengers to wait until the end of the cruise and they discreetly leave an envelope in your cabin in which to place the appropriate amount. Some cruise lines state that the fare you have paid includes gratuities. Some cruise lines ask that you pre-pay the gratuities with your cruise fare prior to your holiday departure.
Again, the amount you tip is up to you (unless it is prepaid) and it isn't intended to have a negative impact on your holiday. Do what feels most comfortable to you.
The rules surrounding where you can smoke on board a cruise ship vary from cruise line to cruise line. However, none have taken steps to ban smoking completely. Most only allow smoking in designated areas on the open decks. Many have banned smoking on cabin balconies as this poses a fire risk.
Many cruise lines have rules restricting you from taking your own alcohol on board your cruise ship. If you have pre purchased duty free alcohol the ship will take it off you when you board and store it away for you. This alcohol will be delivered to your cabin the night before you disembark. The same applies if you purchase it when you are in port. Any purchases made on board will also be delivered the night before you disembark.
However, Princess Cruises will allow you to bring a bottle of wine aboard which you can drink at dinner or in your cabin.
These restrictions were put in place to create a safer environment on board your cruise ship, where people drink within a controlled drinking environment.
Still have questions? Let us know through this quick enquiry form here.
Fill in your details and question/s and a cruise expert will get back to you shortly.
Your enquiry has been received. We ll get back to you shortly.
You might also like these related cruise deals
Did you know?
Most cabins accommodate up to 4 guests. You might need several cabins.
We can still help you.
- You will need to complete this booking first. Enquire now and proceed to the final steps.
- Once done, we will offer you a way to come back and book the next cabin.
Easier to talk? 1300134126