Located in southwestern Taiwan, Kaohsiung is the most densely populated and the second largest city in Taiwan which is one of two special municipalities under administration of Chinese. Kaohsiung is a commercial center for manufacturing, refining, shipbuilding and so on.
The port of Kaohsiung manages most of Taiwan’s marine imports and exports and Kaohsiung International Airport is Taiwan’s second largest airport. It is very convenient to go anywhere of Kaohsiung due to rapid transit and railways.
Places to visit:
• Love River -- The spine of Kaohsiung
• Urban Spotlight Arcade – Famous for its light decoration at night
• Tuntex Sky Tower – The tallest skyscraper in Kaohsiung
• World Games Stadium – The largest stadium in Taiwan in terms of capacity
• Liuhe Night Market – The largest night markets in Taiwan
• Cihou Fort – Guarding northern entrance to Kaohsiung harbour
Kaohsiung enjoys a tropical wet and dry climate with average temperature between 18.6-28.7°C. Between June and August receives most of Kaohsiung’s annual rainfall.