Celebrating the end of your single life is a great Australian tradition. Hens parties have evolved over the years to include all kinds of shenanigans, but the aim has remained the same- they serve as a last night out for brides-to-be before they take on their new married life.
A cruise ship is the perfect way to celebrate. All of the most important components of a great hens event are right there- multiple bars and clubs, extensive buffets, spa treatments, pools with loungers, fine dining, dance classes, rowdy quizzes, and theatre shows. What's more, they are all within walking distance of each other and there is no driving required, therefore no sober drivers. A complete lack of dishes, cooking and transport worries means that your girly weekend on the waves will entail nothing but fun, relaxation and togetherness.
Short cruises are the best option for a bachelorette cruise, as the whole tribe is more likely to be able to fit one into their schedules. This may mean a quick out-and-back with no port stops (the ship is the destination!), but there are options for quickie cruises which call in to Hobart, the Whitsundays and Moreton Island. Here are a few examples of the best:
- P&O's Food and Wine cruise is a three-nighter which will take girly celebrations to the next level with great eating and drinking opportunities!
- P&O also offer a four-night Whitsundays cruise which allows you to slip in a little beach time.
- The Royal Caribbean Sampler cruise is perfect for those pushed for time at just two nights long, round-trip from Brisbane.
- Royal Caribbean's Tasmania Sampler cruise is a 4-night itinerary which stops at Hobart, a fun and adventurous getaway.
- Carnival gets in on the action with the Short Coastal cruise which is a three-night jaunt into the Tasman from Sydney over three nights. The line known for its party-loving "Fun Ships" is the ideal setting for a hens bash!
Of course, if you and your girls can spare a week or more then you can head out into the South Pacific, across to New Zealand or as far as southeast Asia. The possibilities are endless, and no matter which line, ship or itinerary you choose, you will sail away from single life with a great send-off. Contact the team at Cruise Sale Finder to start planning the best hens night yet! Sam Corlett-Wood, the Niche Products and Groups Manager, can help you with navigating a group booking.