It’s been a long while in the making, but a massive cruise milestone is finally here: Symphony of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship, has been delivered to Royal Caribbean. Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. was amongst those leading the traditional flag-changing ceremony which marked the official handover of the vessel from the shipbuilder STX France to Royal Caribbean.
“Symphony of the Seas is the latest example of how our people work to push the envelope of innovation with each new ship,” said Mr Fain. “The Oasis Class has been a trend-setting design, but the team has evolved the design to build on that success to provide even more incredible family adventures. We’re thankful to have a partner in STX France that is every bit as ambitious as we are about building technologically advanced ships.”
Symphony of the Seas is the 25th ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, weighing in just over 206,911 tonnes and spanning 362 metres. 5,518 guests can be accommodated onboard the Symphony, with the freedom to explore seven distinct neighbourhoods and the chance to dive into a whole world of new cruise experiences:
- Hooked Seafood: Sample the refreshing flavours of the sea while gazing out at the ocean, atop the world’s largest cruise ship. Seafood fans will love Hooked’s simple but satisfying menu which includes a generous range of marine favourites and a raw bar for shucked-to-order oysters.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade: Watch the game or play one yourself at this huge venue offering traditional American bar foods. With 31 big screen TVs, you’ll always have a great view of the action - plus, the indoor/outdoor arcade is packed with more than 20 games so there’s never a dull moment. Snack on wings, burgers, popcorn shrimp and more!
- El Loco Fresh: Is your body ready for freshly made Mexican street food? Get your fix of tasty, made-to-order south-of-the-border morsels without carving a big slice out of your day.
- Sugar Beach: Time to indulge your sweet tooth. Sugar Beach boasts more than 100 types of sweets, an array of ice cream flavours and even offers to chance for you to take a hands on approach to crafting your ultimate confection.
New Fun Spaces
- Battle for Planet Z: Pick sides and take on family and friends in an epic glow-in-the-dark laser tag war for control over the last planet in the galaxy.
- Escape the Rubicon: The escape room craze has taken the world by storm and now you can experience this life-sized puzzle at sea. Band together with your teammates to escape the Rubicon submarine before it’s too late.
The Symphony of the Seas also has an incredible new top-tier option for families: the Ultimate Family Suite. Two levels and 1,346 square feet of space to play with is just the start. An in-room slide, a floor-to-ceiling LEGO wall, a private cinema complete with 85 inch HD TV, a full sized whirlpool, a 212 square foot balcony… when Royal Caribbean called this suite “Ultimate” they weren’t messing around.
You can be amongst the very first to step aboard the world’s largest cruise ship and discover all of the exciting new features Royal Caribbean has introduced on the Symphony of the Seas for yourself. Take a look at these Symphony of the Seas deals to find your next great adventure.