"The Come Back New Promise" is a new initiative recently announced by Princess, and it looks set to make their elegant cruise offerings even better than before. The US$450 million renovation campaign will take several years to roll out across the fleet, enhancing the guest experience with a range of physical upgrades and new entertainment concepts.
Some of the additions have already been announced and installations are underway, such as chef Curtis Stone's culinary creations and specialty restaurant, some are new. Princess Cruises Vice President for Australia and New Zealand, Stuart Allison, is hoping the campaign will bring lifetime memories for Princess cruisers.
"The Come Back New Promise differentiates our approach to cruising and offers our guests enriching holiday experiences by connecting them with each other, nature and different cultures in a new way." He continued, "our promise is to provide guests transformative moments designed to inspire them to discover the world and themselves, ultimately allowing us to declare that a cruise isn't good enough unless you come back new."
So, that sounds lovely - but what does it mean? These are the new features you can expect to make an appearance over the next few years onboard your favourite Princess ships:
Chef Curtis Stone's program is already off to a roaring start, with "SHARE" restaurants being added to some Princess ships - Australia-based Sun Princess will get it in April. He has also designed some great dishes to be available to everyone in the main dining room.
- The Princess Luxury Bed has been designed in collaboration with a sleep expert, and will be installed across the fleet by 2018.
- Chocolate Journeys offers tidbits of delicious chocolate in many places around each ship - desserts on the main dining room menu, wine and chocolate pairings, chocolate cocktails and even cocoa-based spa treatments.
- Discovery at Sea is a partnership with Discovery Communications (the Discovery Channel), bringing new and interesting onboard activities and shore excursions which incorporate hit shows like Deadliest Catch and Shark Week.
- World of Whiskey is available on Aussie-based ships. Dedicated whiskey bars offer extensive menus of the spirit for all palates.
- Live sporting action is now available! Local cruisers will be treated to 24-hour coverage of Australian news and sports, including AFL, NRL and A League. Some matches will also be broadcast in public places, such as the new Legends bar on the Sea Princess.
- New original musical productions are also a part of the promise, providing some great evening entertainment. These are created specially for Princess in collaboration with Stephen Schwartz, an award-winning composer and songwriter. The first is called Magic to Do.
- The Craft Beer Series should be a favourite Down Under! It showcases brews from small breweries all over the world.
- The Salty Dog Gastropub is one for the foodies. A new dining option, it will highlight small bites inspired by classic pub favourites. It is currently available in select ships.
- Princess@Sea Messenger gives guests the mean to connect with others during the cruise, to make or confirm plans. It is a part of the complimentary Princess@Sea mobile app.
All of the above-mentioned features, whether available now or soon, will serve to improve and perfect the Princess cruise experience - Princess passengers, start getting excited for great things to come!