Melbourne Cup cruises are not a new phenomenon - both Carnival and P&O Australia have regularly offered racing enthusiasts the chance to cruise to the Cup in style. But this year, Carnival is going all out to incorporate one of the Melbourne Cup’s most iconic features. Fashions-on-the-Spirit brings inspiring fashion stylists and award winning milliners onboard the Carnival Spirit for its journey down to the big event this year, all hosted by renowned Australian newsreader, author and journalist, Tracey Spicer.
Take a peek at few of the stylists which have already been confirmed for Fashions-on-the-Spirit:
- Serena Lindeman, award winning milliner, has been crafting hats for over two decades and will be sharing some of her secrets with guests at a special workshop.
- Designer Leina Broughton will be decking out models in a stunning selection of pieces picked from her extensive collection, with every outfit designed and made in Australia.
- Personal shopper and online stylist Katie Perry will be running style workshops with the goal of giving both men and women the ability and confidence to know what looks good on them.
Carnival Cruise Line Vice President, Jennifer Vandekreeke, said of the Spirit’s 2018 Melbourne Cup sailing “This year’s line-up is bigger and better than ever. Our guests will be immersed in the Melbourne Cup from the moment they board with exclusive insider tips and advice from some of the most iconic racing personalities, fashion brands and stylists in Australia.”
The fashion features don’t come at the cost of all the usual onboard Melbourne Cup action though. Guests can expect sweepstakes, betting masterclasses, special guest speakers, a Melbourne Cup High Tea and far more from this six day cruise, so there’s no need to worry about missing out on the Cup activities you’ve been looking forward to.
In addition to all the themed activities, the Carnival Spirit will also be welcoming aboard a handpicked selection of top racing experts and personalities to entertain and enlighten guests over the course of the cruise.
- Wendy Green, owner of the Cup winning horse Rogan Josh, will be hosting a Melbourne Cup edition of the Mad Hatter High Tea.
- Greg Miles, the voice of Victorian Racing for over 30 years, is stepping aboard to offer his insights and stories from a legendarily long relationship with the Melbourne Cup.
- Darren “The Gauch” Gauci, one of Australia’s most successful and long-standing jockeys will be on the Spirit to chat to guests about his prestigious career.
The Spirit isn’t the only Carnival vessel to get in on the Cup action this year. The Carnival Legend will be hosting Melbourne Cup winning jockey Michael Clarke on its cruise to the South Pacific during the big event, with guests able to attend a Q&A with Clarke as well as having photo ops and the chance to join him at a special Degustation Dinner.
But for those intent on the full Cup experience, the Carnival Spirit is the only choice. Setting out from Sydney on Sunday 4 November, the Spirit will arrive in Melbourne just in time for the Melbourne Cup. And of course, as usual, General Admission tickets and transfers to the Melbourne Cup at Flemington and Crown Oaks Day races are included in the cruise fare.
Melbourne Cup cruises are massively popular every year and inevitably sell out fast, so if you’re keen for the ultimate in fashion, fun and racing, secure your spot aboard the Carnival Spirit as soon as you possibly can. There’s no better way to experience Australasia’s most entertaining day.