On most cruises, you’d be spending the majority of your time at sea - that’s just the nature for cruise life. But Royal Caribbean is shaking things up with a game changing multimillion dollar upgrade of its private island resort: CocoCay in the Bahamas. Reserved exclusively for Royal Caribbean cruise guests, CocoCay’s new features will radically expand the scope of what you can expect when you embark on a cruise.
Expected to be fully upgraded by November 2019, CocoCay is going to be transforming from a spot where you can do a little sunbathing and snorkelling to a fully fledged leisure and entertainment destination. Some of the exciting features coming to CocoCay over the next year and bit include:
- Thrill Waterpark, an aquatic amusement park which not only boasts more waterslides than any other park in the Caribbean but also features Daredevil’s Peak, the tallest waterslide in North America.
- A zip line which will have guests hurtling across the island 15 metres above the ground.
- Two distinct beach areas, each with their own vibe. Chill Island is the place to go if you’re seeking serenity; a pristine place dedicated to relaxation. On the other end of the holiday spectrum is South Beach, a lively spot with zorb balls, glass-bottom kayaking, paddle boarding and more.
- Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, featuring in-pool loungers and a swim-up bar.
- Up, Up and Away, a ballooning experience which will lift guests over 130 metres into the air for spectacular views over CocoCay and the sparkling blue waters of the Caribbean.
While it might seem a little unusual for Royal Caribbean to be investing so heavily in a land based experience, CocoCay is far from the last island relaxation destination in store for guests of this cutting edge cruise line. In fact, this lavish getaway is merely the first in a planned series of islands in Royal Caribbean’s ‘Perfect Day Island Collection’. These Perfect Day destinations will be popping up around the world over the next few years, not only in the Caribbean but also in Asia and Australia. The Perfect Day initiative, in conjunction with a $900 million program to revitalise 10 key ships in its fleet, is positioning Royal Caribbean as one of the most innovative and forward thinking cruise lines in the world.
You’ll have to wait a little longer before CocoCay is ready to fulfill all your cruise holiday dreams, but the team at Cruise Sale Finder will keep you up to date with all the latest developments - this dream vacation island will be ready to welcome you before you know it.