Luxury small-ship cruising is coming to the Australasian market in a big way! Azamara Club Cruises are leaders in the field, and in summer 2016 they tested the waters by sending their Azamara Quest to sail a season of five lengthy cruises in and around Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. Then, the line sent the Azamara Journey, a mid-sized beauty who underwent major refurbishments before making the trip south.
A successful season
The ship has now been and gone, leaving Australia for Asia in early March. If you didn't manage to get aboard her during her fleeting visit, never fear - she will be back! The Journey has another sojourn Down Under planned for February 2018, so luxury cruise fans can
New and improved Journey
After a fantastic refurbishment in early 2016, the Azamara Journey was bright and fresh on her Australian visit.
Additions to the ship included:
- An elegant redesign for the ultimate in modern luxury surroundings.
- Spa suites which offer exclusive spa amenities including an oceanview soaking tubs and are located adjacent to the Sanctum Spa.
- The Patio, a new al fresco poolside dining area.
- A casual and comfortable bar, dining and entertainment room called The Living Room.
- Faster and more pervasive WiFi.
These new features have been the icing on the cake for a ship which already offers a sumptuous cruise experience. Take a look at the Azamara Journey cruises from Australia available in 2018 and start dreaming of a luxury getaway! If that's still somewhat of a pipe dream, Cruise Sale Finder has plenty of other cruises from Australia on offer.