There’s been a lot of buzz around the Edge, Celebrity’s groundbreaking new ship, but not much had been revealed about what kind of dining would be offered onboard - until now. Turns out that this vessel is going to go well beyond the standard range of cruise eatery options with its ambitious ‘Culinary Celebrity Edge’.
There are a total of 29 different eating venues onboard the Edge, including an unheard of four main dining venues. Culinary influences range across the globe, incorporating a wide array of inspirations to ensure that guests have a world of cuisine at their fingertips. Even more impressive than the variety though is the sheer quality of the offerings.
“Once again Celebrity Edge is solidifying, amplifying, and putting a superlative on our award-winning culinary experience, allowing our guests to explore the world without ever leaving their table,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, Celebrity Cruises. “From the amazing destinations we visit globally, to the local ingredients sourced to satisfy the visionary recipes created by our Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher, we open up the world through our unique culinary offerings.”
Coming back to those four main restaurants: each one has its own distinctive design and features a selection of dishes which showcase its unique inspiration.
- Tuscan Restaurant shows off Italian inspired cuisine including freshly made pastas.
- Normandie Restaurant takes its cues from the homeland of fine dining: France.
- Cyprus Restaurant calls back to Celebrity’s Greek heritage with Mediterranean flavours.
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant offers American influenced favourites we all know and love.
Two Ways to Dine
There are two different dining styles available aboard the Celebrity Edge, and each offers a high degree of flexibility. Celebrity Traditional Dining has guests choose an early or late seating, which will give them the chance to enjoy dinner at the same table with the same waiter each night. They’ll be assigned one of the four main restaurants, though they can always try one of the others upon request. Celebrity Select Dining Plus allows guests to dine whenever and wherever they prefer each evening - they can make reservations at any of the four restaurants mentioned above at the time they prefer.
Next Level Cuisine
There’s plenty of variety in the main restaurants alone but for those keen to try food which is a cut above, the Celebrity Edge has introduced six new specialty restaurants.
- Fine Cut Steakhouse majors on upscale dining and out of this world service.
- Rooftop Garden Grill perfectly channels the backyard BBQ vibe.
- Eden Restaurants turns cuisine into performance art in an open air kitchen.
- Raw on 5 showcases the very best that the sea has to offer.
- Dinner on the Edge takes place on a platform cantilevered over the side of the ship.
- Le Grand Bistro is your go-to specialty option for breakfast/lunch
Specialty restaurants always make for an amazing experience but there’s no need to pay extra every time you sit down to eat on the Celebrity Edge. Oceanview Cafe, Mast Grill, Grand Plaza Cafe, The Spa Cafe and Juice Bar and Eden Cafe are all included in your cruise fare. The four main restaurants are also complimentary.
Savour a Drink
The Celebrity Edge offers plenty of opportunities to enjoy a drink or two, with 11 unique bars and lounges scattered throughout the ship. Whether you’re in the mood to party or just want to nurse a quiet one at the end of the night, you’ll be able to find a spot that suits you down to a tee.
Find out a little more about why the Celebrity Edge has been hailed as the cruise ship of the future or cut straight to the chase and check out the Celebrity Edge sailings which selling right now.