Portofino is an Italian fishing village and upmarket resort famous for its picturesque harbour and historical association with celebrity visitors.
Points of Interest
- Statue of Christ of the Abyss, put underwater on August 29, 1954 in the small bay at a depth of 17 metres. This statue was placed to protect fishermen and scuba divers and in memory of Duilio Marcante. Sculpted by Guido Galletti, it represents a benedictory Christ who is looking up towards the sky with open arms as a sign of peace.
- Castello Brown (16th century).
- Church of St. Martin (Divo Martino, 12th century).
- Church of St. George, housing some saints' relics.
- Oratory of Santa Maria Assunta, in Gothic style.