Sunbathing on deck, sipping cocktails in the dining room, relaxing by the pool, enjoying live music in the evenings - these are just some of the many incredible things you can experience while on a cruise.
We know what you’re thinking: “cruises are so expensive!” Dear budding adventurer, not when you know where and how to book. Grab yourself a cheap cruise without the feeling that you're booking budget. Here’s how to enjoy all the wonders of cruising the ocean, without breaking the bank.
Pick the right travel dates
- Off-season deals are usually prevalent just before and after the summer season. If you’re not bothered by less-than-perfect weather, searching for cruises around these times might just bring you the bargain you’re after.
- If you’re willing to be flexible and can put life on hold at the drop of a captain’s hat, then picking up a last minute deal will not only be exhilarating but also save you heaps of cash.
Pick the right ship
Cruise lines offer a range of different accommodation options, all at varying prices. If you look closely, you’ll find that there are several cruise lines which begin their rates at a lower price than others. It’s these excursions you will want to check out first.
- Carnival Cruises are known for their incredible ships and even better prices. Explore the south of Australia and cruise the Tasmanian sea by booking a 3-night Melbourne Cruise from only AUD $533 per person.
- P&O Cruises pride themselves on offering Australian guests “affordable luxury”. Try a 4-night Exmouth Cruise departing Fremantle from AUD $514 per person, or hop on Pacific Explorer in Sydney for a 4-night Sunshine Coast Cruise from just AUD $499 per person.
Pick the right cruise length
While a two-week cruise around the islands sounds like a grand idea, it could set you back a pretty penny. Save money and still have the time of your life by shortening your trip. Make a long weekend of it by heading on a Weekend Sampler Cruise on Carnival Cruises departing from Sydney, or take an extra long weekend with a 5-night trip to Tasmania, from AUD $778. Taking a quick cruise means you’re keeping more coins in your pocket, but getting enough perks and pampering to come back feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Pick the right stateroom
Once you start exploring the idea of booking a fantastic cruise, you’ll soon realise that there are several stateroom options available. If you’re happy to forgo having a balcony or an ocean view in your room, booking an inner cabin will save you some cash.
Bonus ways to keep the cost down
- Discounts are often given if you plan and book your next cruise while onboard.
- Check Cruise Sale Finder for sales.
- Become a loyal customer with repeat bookings.
- Book a cruise on “guaranteed status”.
- Set a budget for beverages, activities and excursions to keep your onboard bill down.
There are so many great ways to cruise in luxury while still keeping your costs down. So what are you waiting for? Discover incredible deals with Cruise Sale Finder.