Sunsets over endless oceans, tropical isles, cocktails by the pool and balcony vistas - a cruise is the perfect way to get away as a couple. From the social and active, to those seeking a private and more chilled out cruise, the big ships cater to all. The best part - you can snag a great deal this week for you and your sweetie during our Be My Valentine Sale.
Get onboard the most romantic cruises around Australia and the South Pacific in 2015 and beyond! These are some of the best cruises for couples celebrating a milestone birthday, marking an anniversary, making the most of Valentine's Day or just looking to unwind and spend time together!
Adults Only: P&O UK World Cruise Sectors
P&O is a household name in Australia, but its UK counterpart is not so commonly spotted. However, for a tranquil and relaxing cruise you should take them into serious consideration. Three of the fleet - Adonia, Arcadia and Oriana - offer cruises exclusively for adults. This means no kids underfoot, be they yours or somebody else's. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway.
Most visits to Australia by P&O UK's ships are as part of their World Cruises, and you can get onboard from Sydney or Brisbane to complete a sector. The Arcadia is scheduled to visit in early 2016. here are some options for those craving the peace and quiet of an adults-only cruise:
- Sydney to Hong Kong: This 16-night itinerary with four port stops is a relaxing way to pass a few weeks. The gaps between stopovers allow plenty of time to enjoy the tranquility onboard.
- Brisbane to Beijing: This one's for the Queenslanders! Get on the ship in Brisbane and enjoy 16 nights at sea with four port stops, including Hong Kong and Manila.
Tahiti: Paul Gauguin Cruises
Tahiti is known around the world as a picture-perfect destination for honeymooners, so what better place to go for an intimate and romantic cruise holiday? Specialist boutique cruise line Paul Gauguin are experts in cruises for couples, and as a luxury line they take creature comforts to the next level and are perfect for a special celebration.
The MS Paul Gauguin is a luxury vessel complete with an onboard watersports marina and you can explore Tahiti and the Society Islands with a range of itineraries lasting 7 nights, 10 nights and 14 nights. The highlight for most, especially the lovebirds, is Bora Bora - the stunning island where tropical dreams come true.
- 7-night Tahiti and Society Islands cruise: This tried-and-true cruise is a real favourite... and with good reason. It is a great taster of this incredible part of the world and spends two nights in Bora Bora.
- 10-night Society Islands & Tuamotus cruise: This extended cruise goes a little further afield to visit the remote Tuamotus. A real adventure!
- 14-night Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands cruise: Covering much of French Polynesia over two idyllic weeks, you simply won't want to come home.
An intimate affair: Island Escape Cruises
What could be more romantic than an escape on your own private yacht? Island Escape cruises offer that feeling to anyone, with their small ship "Island Passage" carrying only 24 passengers each sailing. It comes beautifully appointed with staterooms and suites, a helicopter for scenic flights and inside and alfresco dining options - but the scenery and islands are the main attraction. This is the perfect cruise for an adventurous couple, mixing luxurious relaxation with plenty of activity onshore to create memories together.
For your own private and intimate motor-yacht experience, hop across the Tasman to the Bay of Islands or the beautiful Fiordland region. The company offers cruise itineraries in both places, and can offer the best possible experience to intrepid cruisers. Shore excursions are included in the price.
- 6-night Bay of Islands cruise: Over just a week, this itinerary visits 10 different spots around the Bay of Islands - a playground for holidaymakers in the far north of New Zealand. Activities include snorkelling, fishing, kayaking, guided history tours, hiking, swimming, helicopter flights and much more.
- 6-night Fiordland cruise: This cruise package includes a stay in a Queenstown hotel and transfers to the ship to explore the incredible fjords of southern New Zealand. This itinerary is all about spectacular scenery as a romantic setting for you and your beloved to enjoy together. Scenic helicopter rides, kayaking, fly-fishing and more are included in the package.
Classical romance: Cunard cruises from Australia
Cunard's elegant ships evoke the heyday of the great ocean liners, a fond nautical tradition. The romance is undeniable - from the beautiful, understated decor of the Cunard fleet to the ballroom dancing and White Star service. A Cunard cruise is a wonderful experience, a different atmosphere and an excellent holiday for lovers. Celebration packages including champagne, flowers, chocolates, spa treatments, cakes - ideal for those marking a special occasion.
You can get a sense of travelling the world via the seven seas by signing on for a World Cruise sector departing Australia.
- This 12-night journey from Brisbane to Tokyo is a great Cunard taster, with plenty of long spells at sea so you can enjoy the glamour of the grand Queen Elizabeth. It stops in Cairns and Rabaul along the way.
- Set out on a Transpacific adventure with this 26-night World Cruise sector from Sydney to Los Angeles. It visits some beautiful spots in the Pacific including Tahiti and Hawaii - both countries known for romantic getaways.
South Pacific: Get onboard the love boat line
Indulge a little nostalgia with a Princess cruise. The line was the setting for the beloved Love Boat television series, and is still a favourite line for couples, mixing the many options of a big ship with the intimate feel of a smaller one. The ships boast a high percentage of suites and plenty of extras aimed at romance. One great example is the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience, an in-room course-by-course dinner service with champagne.
Princess has five ships regularly cruising the waters of Australia and New Zealand, so there are plenty of options for an itinerary. To amp up the atmosphere, try a classic South Pacific itinerary. There are many beautiful tropical islands where you can create memories with your beloved - the tiny and uninhabited Mystery Island, picturesque Isle of Pines and idyllic Champagne Bay.
- The New Caledonia and Vanuatu cruise is a 10-night stunner, with stops at a range of islands, beaches and vibrant tropical cities in both of the French Melanesian countries.
- The Fiji and South Pacific itinerary covers a little more, with many days at sea where you can relax and enjoy each other's company. It includes Fiji and the unspoilt paradise of Dravuni Island.
Any cruise you take with the one you love will be a great one, but why not choose a particularly romantic line, ship or destination? These are our picks, so just call one of our friendly Cruise Sale Finder consultants to discuss what works for you and your sweetheart! You can also visit our Be My Valentine Sale page to see all of our romance specials.