The new roster of adventures are over two or three days, and continue the all-included nature of a cruise with a cost which covers any necessary airfares, dining, hotel accommodations and transport.
Fully guided, these journeys will see passengers leave the ship mid-cruise to further explore the region. They will then rejoin the ship at the next port of call, skipping a sea day or two and adding some amazing onshore memories to their experience.
Royal Caribbean Overnight adventures
These are a few top picks from the roster of overnight adventures now available to Royal Caribbean cruisers around the world!
- Tikal and Ceremonial Show: This involves a flight from Belize or Honduras to Guatemala, where guests will take an overnight tour including the ancient Mayan capital, a jungle walk in Tikal National Park, and experience a Mayan ceremony. They will then return to the ship with a lot more knowledge about this ancient culture!
- Agrolida Region and Katakolon: Over two days, this adventure covers some of Greece's famous citadels. Guests will visit the Acropolis of Athens and the ancient Mycenae site of Argolida, and spend an evening in the country's first capital, Nafpolio.
- Bangkok: This adventure makes it easier to get up close and personal with the captivating sights, sounds and smells of Thailand. Over two days away from the ship, it includes trips along the canals on a motor launch, visits to iconic monuments and sites like Wat Traimit, Wat Arun and the Grand Palace.
Azamara has always had a focus on destination immersion, and it's getting even better! Here are some highlights.
- Queenstown: Leaving the ship in Milford Sound after some stunning scenic cruising, guests will enjoy some time in the famously stunning but unfortunately landlocked Queenstown. Guided activities include a sheep farm, a cable car ride, the historic village of Arrowtown and more. The adventure rejoins the ship in Dunedin.
- Overland Tour of Venice and Florence: Guests will experience not one but two of Italy's most beautiful cities on this overnight adventure. The Doge's Palace one afternoon, Michelangelo's David the next! This is historical sightseeing at its finest.
- Cochin to Goa: Two nights off the ship means three full days to enjoy this wonderful part of India. It includes a good look at the Taj Mahal, and time spent in the city of Delhi.
Overnight adventures are out now and available to book, so ask your cruise agent whether there is one on offer during your next Royal Caribbean or Azamara Club cruise!