Quantum says hello to New York
Welcome to the new world order of cruise holidays, as Royal Caribbean International's Quantum of the Seas arrives in New York, where it will stay for the next six months. It's perhaps the most exciting development in cruise travel for decades, and of course Cruise Sale Finder is there all the way, providing exclusive access, pictures and behind-the-scenes coverage. Billed as the first-ever Smartship, Quantum promises to engage thousands of potential new cruisers.
Royal Caribbean rewrite the travel rulebook
As you can see from these fantastic shots, Quantum shone brightly as it eased into her homeport, Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, NJ. This is merely the beginning, as the ship prepares for its official naming ceremony on Friday 14 November, hosted by American singer and actress Kristin Chenoweth.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Chairman and CEO, Richard D.Fain, is crystal clear on their ambition: "Quantum of the Seas isn't just changing cruising, it's changing how today's traveller holidays" he enthused. "It's not just how you travel; it's the experience from start to finish. With Quantum we are empowering our guests to customise every aspect of their journey, providing them an unprecedented level of freedom and flexibility."
Cruisesalefinder put you behind the scenes
Our very own Ryan Posa has travelled to America to get a prime seat onboard the ship, so we can give you a complete flavour of what to expect with Quantum. But the WOW factor is undeniable thanks to so many innovations and ambitious developments. These include:
- Online connectivity 24/7 with superfast wireless speeds and RFID luggage tags so you can track your bags through the whole process. Downloadable app Royal iQ will help simplify the whole boarding process, cutting waiting times and red tape.
- RipCord by iFLY is an onboard skydiving experience, while the North Star capsule takes you more than 300 feet in the air for panoramic 360-degree views.
- Dynamic Dining delivers more control of lunch and dinner, with choice across 18 restaurants. Jamie Oliver, Michael Schwartz and Devin Alexander have all brought their culinary expertise to the table.
- Venue Two70 is a space-age creation, with digital displays, multidimensional shows and mind-blowing events â€“ it has to be seen to be believed.
- Bigger rooms (and there's more than 2000 staterooms onboard) offer updated interiors and Virtual Balconies â€“ there's no room without a view!
Quantum itineraries to Bahamas, Caribbean
Spanning 16 guest decks and weighing 168,666 gross tons, more than 4000 guests can take advantage of this head-spinning offering by Royal Caribbean in 2014/2015. Sailing from Cape Liberty, its first official itinerary will be on November 18, with regular trips to the Bahamas and Caribbean. Later in 2015 it will be redeployed to a new homeport of Shanghai.
We are very excited to be right there onboard Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas and share with you everything this remarkable ship has to offer, from pics to reviews and fantastic cruise deals. Stay with us for the ultimate adventures in cruising.