Master Chocolatier Norman Love's beautiful and delicious creations have graced the main dining room dessert menus for a while now, his love pops have long been a feature in the Captain's Cocktail Reception, and his cocoa-based drinks are not new on the bar menus. The onboard spas have even been offering chocolate-based treatments. It is about to get better - the new and extended program is set to make Princess even sweeter, and those embarking on a cruise with the line will soon see what else is on offer.
Sweetening the deal Down UnderThe new chocolate indulgences will roll out across the fleet from November 2015, and will be included on all of the Australia-based Princess ships.
The Vice President for Australia and NZ, Stuart Allison, remarked when announcing the new additions to the program that Chocolate Journeys has so far been very popular with Australian holidaymakers. "Australians are well known for their love of good chocolate - in fact according to our survey almost 60 percent of Australians have chocolate cravings and more than 50 percent eat chocolate when they are happy - so we're confident the latest offerings will go down a treat with our guests as they enjoy their holidays."
Chef Love has been busy coming up with new chocolate creations for Princess passengers. Here's what will be onboard after November:
- A Premium Chocolate Cocktail will be on the dessert menu in the main dining room.
- Princess' long-established afternoon tea will include seven pastries and six cakes designed by Chef Love, including a decadent-sounding Baked Chocolate Tart and Chocolate Raspberry Clafoutis.
- The main dining room dessert menu will also get a new Chocolate Souffé with white chocolate sauce.
- Chocolate cookies will be available at strategic spots around the ship including the International Cafe, to head off any hunger pangs.
- The International Cafe menu will also be bolstered by a select daily complimentary chocolate snack.
- Even breakfast time hasn't escaped the Chef Love treatment. Keep a lookout for the savoury items he has designed, as well as some chocolate touches.
- Partaking in the buffet of an evening? You'll find one of a dozen new chocolate cakes offered each night - these include a White Chocolate and Lemon Tart and an Almond Chocolate Coffee Cake.
Are these sweet new treats enough to tempt you to get on a Princess cruise? You can pair your chocolate with a huge range of destinations and ships.
The Sun Princess relocates soon from Brisbane to Fremantle where she will spend the summer sailing long itineraries to Indonesia and Southeast Asia, and shorter coastal cruises to ports in the southwest of Australia. She will spend next winter cruising from Brisbane and Sydney before returning to her summer homeground in Fremantle after a full circumnavigation of the country in November 2016.
The Sea Princess is sailing from Brisbane this summer, and will depart on a World Cruise in May with sectors available from various Australian ports. After that, she offers some interesting and varied itineraries from Sydney, Brisbane and Perth before settling back in Brisbane for summer 2016/2017.
The Dawn Princess, currently cruising out of Sydney, will remain there for most of the year with a brief sojourn in Fremantle, cruising to Indonesia. In September 2016 she has some exciting Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific cruises on the schedule, as well as classic South Pacific itineraries and shorter Tasmania cruises. Sydney will remain her homeport for the near future.
The Golden Princess will be based from Melbourne during the upcoming summer season, offering cruises to New Zealand, Tasmania and the South Pacific. After heading up into Asia in April, she returns to Melbourne in November 2016 to continue her popular itineraries.
The Emerald Princess is currently quite the jetsetter, with upcoming itineraries in the Mediterranean, Norwegian fjords, Caribbean and Asia. In late 2016 she makes a debut in Australia, sailing a range of cruises out of Sydney.
The Diamond Princess is currently sailing from Sydney, offering not only cruises across the ditch and into the Pacific, but also some great domestic itineraries like an Australia circumnavigation and its various sectors. The summer schedule includes visits to New Zealand and Tasmania, and in March 2016 she makes a voyage into Asia to be based out of Japan.
Our homepage has all the cheap cruises you could ever need. Head on over there now and check out all of the great deals for Princess cruises and other popular lines from P&O Cruises to Royal Caribbean.