With new ships come new itineraries, and P&O's Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden certainly have a lot to offer. Smaller than their fleetmates and- dare we say it- a little more adventurous, they will sail from Fremantle, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns, Brisbane and even Singapore in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Good things in small packages
The newcomers' smaller size gives them a little more maneuverability, and means they can visit ports which are less frequented by the bigger Pacific Dawn, Pacific Pearl and Pacific Jewel. In Asia, the Pacific Eden will call in to the Andaman Islands, Dili in East Timor, Sihanoukville in Cambodia and more new and exciting destinations. It will also call in to Eden in NSW and Exmouth in Western Australia to extend P&O's domestic cruise offerings from 2015.
P&O's exciting 2016-2017 program
The addition of the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden have also allowed P&O to add fresh and varied itineraries across its fleet. Plenty of short breaks have been added to the mix, and they're not all from Sydney either.
The Hunter Valley, the Sunshine Coast and a range of ports in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia are now included in more P&O itineraries, Cairns and Adelaide will become departure ports and Southeast Asia is going to become very familiar with the P&O fleet.
Of course, P&O won't stray too far from their winning formula, and all of the beloved itineraries are still available both on the old ships and the new. Barrier Reef Discovery, Pacific Explorer and more tried and tested cruises remain staples. They ain't broke- so why fix them?
Eden's itineraries- new and bold
The Pacific Eden is a bit of a wanderer. Her itineraries for 2015, 2016 and 2017 will see her cruising all over the show, from southern Australia and Tasmania to Singapore and everything in between. Here are some we love:
- Be among the first to sail on the Pacific Eden with the Southern Discovery Cruise from Fremantle to Sydney in November. Stops include Melbourne, Adelaide, Esperance and Kangaroo Island. Get in quick for this one!
- The Mornington Peninsula Cruise is a new take on P&O's short breaks. Travel one way from Sydney to the Mornington Peninsula over four nights and make the most of a new and exciting ship with several days at sea.
- Western Australia gets in on the short break action too! The Margaret River Cruise is a 3-night return trip from Fremantle.
- Get a little adventurous and try the Indonesian Adventure Cruise from Fremantle, a new one in P&O's lineup. At 12 nights long, it is a real journey with many exotic ports to see along the way
- The Thailand Unleashed Cruise is one of those departing Singapore. Over seven nights, it takes in some lovely Thai beach resorts as well as Sihanoukville in Cambodia
Aria's itineraries- old favourites
The Pacific Aria is set to focus mostly on classic favourites in the South Pacific and Queensland with departures from Sydney and Brisbane. Sunseekers need not stray from their favourite destinations in order to experience P&O's new generation- just book a cruise on the lovely new Pacific Aria. Here are a few of our choice picks:
- Have your most relaxing Christmas season yet and head into northern Queensland from Brisbane on this Christmas Cruise. Ten nights of sun, fun and festive cheer!
- The Pacific Explorer from Brisbane has fewer sea days, and more time to spend on investigating Vanuatu in-depth with stops at Mystery Island, Port Vila, Wala and Santo.
- Everybody loves to eat and drink, so why not sign up for the 3-night Food and Wine Cruise? There's one from Sydney too.
- The Sunshine Coast Cruise or Comedy Cruise are ideal for a short getaway on the new ship, so you can see for yourself what the Pacific Aria is all about.
- Everybody loves the Barrier Reef Discovery Cruise. You needn't go far for a tropical adventure!
You can see more Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden itineraries on Cruise Sale Finder. Don't forget, Meghan and Sarah from Cruise Sale Finder are heading out in just a few days to scope out the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden all the way over in Norway, before they finish their P&O transformation. Read more about their plans, and don't forget to follow the journey on social media. You can find us at #CSFSpotlight, #CSFTellMeMore and #PacificAria or #Pacific Eden.