The Pacific Pearl, one of P&O's fleet of fun-loving and affordable Australian cruise ships, is about to go into drydock right here in Sydney. She will receive some brand-new facilities to bring her in line with fleetmates Pacific Jewel and Pacific Dawn, as well as some freshened-up decor for some of her public spaces which will delight P&O cruisers in 2015, 2016 and beyond.
The Pearl is scheduled to emerge on the 15th of August with her new accoutrements, sparkling and ready for a buzzing summer season in Australasia. With a busy schedule of cruises to Melanesia, short breaks to Queensland, some Fiji adventures, tours of New Zealand and even some sporty trips south to the Melbourne Cup and Australian Tennis Open, the Pacific Pearl will see a lot of fantastic holidays in the months to come.
The best of P&O
The additions and renovations will include some of the favourite parts of the current fleet and also elements of the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden who join the family with a big P&O welcome party on the 25th of November. Here's what Pacific Pearl cruisers can expect for their next cruise:
- Holidays on the ocean waves don't have to be sedentary. The Pearl will follow the Pacific Jewel and Pacific Dawn in having the P&O Edge Adventure Park installed on her upper decks. The park includes a huge range of activities from the adrenaline-inducing high ropes, rock climbing, slacklining, abseiling and flying fox to the fun, but less scary, bungee tramps, laser tag and surf simulator.
- A Pandora outlet will be installed on the Pacific Pearl, following on from the one on the Pacific Jewel. One of Australia's favourite jewellery brands, Pandora offers some fun shopping during a cruise.
- The Plantation restaurant buffet will get a redesign and some contemporary cafe-style seating for a more modern look and feel. She will retain the traditional buffet rather than getting the Pantry featured on Pacific Jewel, to offer some variety in dining across the fleet - lovers of the buffet, rejoice!
- Guest cabins will be refreshed - always appreciated by the line's loyal cruisers!
- Public space refurbishments are planned to reflect the modern and stylish decor which will be found on the debuting Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden. A new colour palette and furniture, artwork and carpet will liven up the Orient, Mix Bar, the Atrium, Connexions, the Luna specialty restaurant, the Waterfront Restaurant and the Dome.
- The Orient will receive duelling pianos to add a bit of live music to this popular venue.
With these improvements in store for the Pacific Pearl, the debut of some new elements on the Pacific Jewel earlier this year and the P&O Edge now on all three current ships, the arrival of the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden will just be the icing on the cake for P&O Australia in 2015.
Kill two birds with one stone! You can start summer a little early this year and test out the new Pacific Pearl too, with one of her cruises from Sydney to warmer climes in August, September and October. There are still cabins available for these itineraries, so be a little spontaneous and you could be having a cocktail and watching the sunset over the ocean before you know it.
The Best of the Pacific Cruise takes in a lot of great Vanuatuan ports, and leaves on the 23rd of August which means you will be one of the first to enjoy the Pearl's new assets. The short Food and Wine Cruise departing on the 4th of September is a great "taster" and a quick Sunshine Coast Cruise is another fantastic way to get away at just 4 nights long. See some of these and more great options in our Last Minute Cruises sale.