P&O Cruises announced last year a further expansion of its fleet, with the addition of the Pacific Explorer. Currently sailing for Princess Cruises as the Dawn Princess, this 2,000 passenger ship will increase the line’s capacity when she becomes part of the family in 2017, and is set to be joined by a brand-new and even bigger fleetmate in 2019.
A peek inside the Pacific Explorer
Cruise lovers who have been waiting in anticipation to find out more about the Pacific Explorer are in luck. The line has released more details about what’s in store, along with some renderings to show visually what prospective passengers can expect.
The following are some of the features which will find a place on the ship after it has undergone a makeover to join the P&O fleet:
- P&O’s first waterpark, with two breathtaking water slides, (one of these featuring LED lights and sound effects) a giant dumping bucket and oversized water toys.
- The Explorer’s own edition of the P&O Edge Adventure Park.
- New dining concepts including the Black Circus supper club with cabaret, a gourmet pizza restaurant and a poolside Lobster and Burger bar. The popular Pantry marketplace will be onboard, with a new outlet serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- A number of exciting new bars and public spaces.
- A bowling green for barefoot bowls.
Sture Myrmell, president of P&O Cruises, said that the ship’s decor has been designed to reflect modern Australia, in keeping with the look of the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden.
“We’ve taken the winning features of our existing ships, then added a whole new layer of excitement with some big wow moments like the waterslides as well as new concepts like the bowling green and a stunning hidden bar, which we think will put a smile on our guests’ faces. It really will be a ship that offers something for everyone,” he added.
Take a look at these renderings which P&O has released to give excited cruisers a peek at the Pacific Explorer.
The main pool area:
The bowling green:
The Blue Room bar:
The Waterfront main restaurant:
The “Summer Pub”:
Are you as impatient as we are to see these great venues and features in person? Pacific Explorer itineraries are not yet on sale, but keep checking the P&O Cruises sale page and you could be one of the first to experience this great new addition to the fleet!