Ovation arrival a huge boost for Australian cruise industry
The most technically advanced cruise ship in the world, Ovation of the Seas, is coming to Australia and New Zealand. Royal Caribbean International have just announced that Ovation will be home-ported in Sydney for peak summer season 2016/17. This stunning ship holds 5000 passengers, with 1500 crew also on-board.
While the ship itself is still under construction in Germany and will cost around US$1 billion, it's set to be 348m long and will offer ground-breaking facilities, including:
- Skydiving simulator RipCord iFly, where you are literally skydiving on deck.
- The North Star: this glass capsule transports you 300ft into the air, for breathtaking views.
- SeaPlex has been called the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea, with bumper cars, roller-skating, trapeze and even a food truck!
- The space-age, transformative venue Two70, where you can relax with a drink in the day then enjoy panoramic entertainment, with dancing flying in from the skies, and an ice-bar!
- A Jamie Oliver restaurant, Jamie's Italian, is just one of the 18 available dining venues.
- The Bionic Bar allows you to order drinks from robotic bartenders!
Royal Caribbean's continued commitment to Australia
Ovation of the Seas is the sister ship to Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas and this latest news will no doubt provide even more impetus to a booming cruise industry Down Under. Royal Caribbean Regional Vice-President Asia-Pacific, Gavin Smith, says Ovation will, "completely redefine the idea of cruising in Australia".
"Royal Caribbean has been breaking the boundaries in Australian cruising since we arrived in 2007 but today we have completely changed the face of the cruise industry, making the single largest investment in Australia by any cruise line. While we've introduced many firsts to Australia, including the newest, largest and most modern megaliners with features like ice-skating and surfing at sea, this is the first time any cruise line in the world has home-ported a brand new ship in Australia."
"With almost 5000 guests and 1500 crew onboard, the arrival of Ovation of the Seas in Australia and New Zealand will deliver significant economic benefits at each of her ports of call."
Ovation itinerary details to be confirmed
Ovation is the third ship in the ground-breaking Quantum class and the fifth Royal Caribbean ship sailing Australian waters in 2016/17, alongside superliners Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas and Legend of the Seas. More exact itinerary details will be announced soon and Cruise Sale Finder will break the news as soon as it happens.
So, what do you think of the arrival of Ovation? Will you be buying tickets? Please let us know in the comments section below and cruise sale finder will break the news when it happens.