Sweet Harmony for Royal Caribbean
It's set to be the largest cruise ship in the world, with Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas making its debut in April 2016. A capacity of 5479 guests at double occupancy across 16 decks will put Harmony at the very cutting edge of cruise travel.
As part of the Oasis class of ships Harmony of the Seas is the third in line, with Oasis and Allure of the Seas currently operating out of Fort Lauderdale. And it's promising even more facilities and amenities than its sisters for a unique cruise holiday opportunity. These include:
- Already an eye-opener on Quantum of the Seas, the Bionic Bar on Royal Promenade will blow your mind. Just program in your drink and the robot bartenders will do the rest, and the musical beats will keep your feet tapping.
- More technological wizardry with Royal WOWBands delivering access to staterooms and the ability to make purchases and reservations, while a fast internet connection will deliver Skype and immediate social media connectivity.
- A boost to accommodation with larger stateroom categories and Virtual Balconies.
- In terms of dining, suites-only restaurant Coastal Kitchen will be open for business, alongside specialty restaurants Izumi Hibachi&Sushi and Sabor Modern Mexican. While Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine is a fascinating culinary adventure, with Royal Caribbean chefs delivering unique and tasty fare.
- Three multi-storey waterslides, designed to twist and turn over Central Park 10 decks below. Also look out for the "Champagne Bowl" that swirls guests around towards the end of the ride.
- There's been a huge surge in popularity in retro-gaming in recent years, so the Classic Games Arcade will appeal to young and old.
- The Boardwalk neighbourhood will take on a new feel with a new climbing play area, while mum and dad can chill out with a Latte at Starbucks.
- Harmony will encompass 227,000 gross registered tons, with 2747 staterooms.
An experience like no other
Harmony is another development in Royal Caribbean's continued quest to deliver the best in cruising. Company chairman and CEO Richard Fain believes they're definitely on the right track.
"With Harmony of the Seas, we are making the most exciting experience at sea even better. The Oasis class ships continue to astound and delight both new and experienced cruisers."
Cruising moves into a special era
Royal Caribbean also have Anthem of the Seas launching from Southampton in April 2015, while Ovation of the Seas takes to the water in April next year. This gives RC a hat-trick of new ships over an 18-month period, with Ovation and Harmony itineraries announced in the next few weeks.
Let us know your views
What do you think of this latest arrival? Will you be getting on-board? We love getting your feedback at Cruise Sale Finder, so please add your comments in the section below. Thank you.