Aussie cruisers rejoice - the Celebrity Solstice is back in Australia and better than ever! The country's highest rated ship in 2015, according to the Berlitz Guide, she is a popular sight in and around the South Pacific during the summer season, and this time she has been refreshed and made over to offer even more modern luxury to her lucky passengers.
Adam Armstrong, Celebrity Cruises' managing director in Australia, said of the updates, "We've added more of the things that Australian guests love. Throughout the ship, guests will find new features and fresh touches that have been carefully designed with luxurious, modern travel in mind. We've invested so significantly in Celebrity Solstice, home-ported in Sydney between October and April, so our Australian guests can feel relaxed, refreshed and revitalised after a holiday onboard, and leave feeling like a million dollars."
The highlights of the Solstice's $11 million refurbishment include, along with general touchups and suite enhancements, the following new features:
- Tiffany at Sea: This is Australia's first Tiffany & Co. store at sea, boasting the legendary blue boxes filled with lovely jewellery and gifts.
- Lawn Club Cabanas: Six of these blissful refuges have been added around the border of the Lawn Club. These can be adjusted for optimal views of the sea or outdoor movie screen, and benefit from the services of a butler.
- New outdoor cinema: The Lawn Club now features a new outdoor movie screen, where guests can watch from the real grass lawn and the cabanas. The ship will also have a gastronomic/cinematic adventure â€œA Taste of Filmâ€ which matches big-screen food-themed movies (such as The 100 Foot Journey) with culinary experiences.
- Sushi on Five: A hotly anticipated new dining experience for Solstice cruisers, this top-notch sushi joint will offer a menu by sushi chef Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada.
- Photo gallery: Rather than the traditional display of framed photos from special onboard occasions, the Solstice has been fitted with state-of-the-art touch screen kiosks which can be purchased and downloaded to mobile devices immediately.
The Celebrity Solstice is soon heading Down Under now for the season, with itineraries from Sydney and Melbourne visiting the South Pacific islands, Australia and New Zealand before April when she crosses the Pacific to Alaska, her home for the northern summer.
Cruise Sale Finder has plenty of Celebrity Solstice cruise deals on offer - have a browse around the page to find one that fits you and experience this dazzling vessel! This beloved ship sells out fast, so don't delay if you want to sail on her during the current season.