Celebrity Cruises have released details of their cruise program for 2017 and 2018, with bookings opening soon for cruises departing the summer after next. Although it seems like a long while away, this premium cruise line wants to give potential passengers the chance to plan their dream holidays well in advance.
In the words of Adam Armstrong, Celebrity's regional commercial director, "While 2017 and 2018 may seem like a long time away the sooner you lock in your cruise holiday the better."
And with the Celebrity Solstice, one of Australia's favourite cruise ships, set to return during those years, he may just have a point.
Celebrity Cruises 2017/2018 season
The Celebrity Solstice has a long season in Australia scheduled, and is offering some new itineraries to Aussie fans of the "modern luxury" line which offers great choice with the Go Big, Better or Best fare structure. Here are the highlights!
- Those who are new to Celebrity will be interested to know that they can give it a test run! The line will offer a new 2-night weekend sampler in October 2017.
- You can see the Land of the Long White Cloud and make it an epic one-way journey with a new 16-night Auckland to Fremantle cruise calling at ports in both countries, or a 16-night Fremantle to Sydney cruise which visits NZ's South Island along the way - these happening in February and March 2018 respectively. There is also a 12-night New Zealand roundtrip departing Sydney on the planner.
- Australia's northerly reaches are showcased by two 12-night Queensland cruises in January and March 2018, with overnight stops in Cairns so passengers can visit this tropical city in-depth.
- Plenty of tried-and-true favourites are also in the lineup: one-way Auckland to Sydney cruises and the opposite, a trio of South Pacific cruises, and a Christmas and New Year cruise heading to Fiji amongst other tropical islands.
- Of course, the Celebrity Solstice has to make her way Down Under before she can begin her 2017/2018 season, and back up to the Northern Hemisphere afterwards. For a real adventure, take a look at the two Transpacific cruises taking place in October 2017 and April 2018 which mark the beginning and end of her Australian summer sojourn.
Those are just a few tidbits of what's to come for Celebrity in Australia, and only the destinations. Also considered a major highlight in our books is what's onboard...
The Celebrity Solstice
Already well at home in Australia, the Celebrity Solstice spends half of her time down here each year to bring the unique Celebrity style of cruising to Aussies. With the "Go Big, Better or Best" system of booking, cruisers can opt for a no-frills premium cruise experience or a fully inclusive holiday, with multiple options in between which allow them to pick what's important - i.e drinks packages, free internet, onboard credit or prepaid gratuities.
The ship itself is a bright, light and very good-looking modern vessel, a pioneer of the Solstice Class when it was launched in 2012. The interior plans allow for great passenger flow and a feeling of space which many passengers consider the best of any large ship. A sun theme runs throughout, and said heavenly body contributes to the running of the ship through 216 solar panels.
Onboard features offer a relaxing holiday with plenty of things to occupy you if you choose to take advantage. The CelebrityLife activities are divided into Taste, Learn, Play and Revive, with a range of games, lectures, sports and more. The ship also has a Hot Glass Show, performance venues, a real grass lawn, a spa, pools and of course many bars for evening socialising.
Take a look at the Celebrity Solstice Cruises page where the new 2017/2018 itineraries will soon be added, and start planning your holiday! If Celebrity doesn't sound like your thing, you can find all kinds of cheap cruises elsewhere on Cruise Sale Finder.