A new ship is on the horizon for Carnival - and its name is very fitting at this stage! The Carnival Horizon is the recently announced moniker for this 133,500-tonne ship which is due to join the fleet in March 2018.
While the Northern Hemisphere-based Carnival ships might seem half a world away, CLIA's Australia Cruise Industry Source Market report for 2015 indicated that around 133,000 Aussie cruisers headed to faraway destinations like Europe, the Mediterranean, Mexico and the Caribbean for their cruising holidays. A Carnival cruise in the other half of the globe might in fact be on the horizon! Have you cruised in the north?
Vista Class Expands
The Carnival Horizon will be the second in the Vista Class, Carnival's latest innovative family of vessels. The Carnival Vista, namesake ship for the class, was floated out from drydock in July 2015 and began cruising for Carnival in May this year, and has made a splash with some brand new and exciting features.
The Carnival Horizon is set to include many of the same fun features and convenient accommodation options as the Carnival Vista. Onboard, passengers will find:
- The SkyRide, which mixes cycling with ziplining for an exhilarating self-propelled thrill ride high above the deck. You can race someone else, challenge yourself or just enjoy the views.
- An IMAX Theatre with a huge screen and 3D movies, for a cinematic outing right on the ship.
- A WaterWorks Aqua Park like the big, bold and fun-filled one found aboard the Carnival Vista, great for kids and big kids alike.
- A Seuss at Sea program which is a hit with the little ones. It includes a character parade, arts and crafts activities, a character breakfast and more.
- Alchemy Bar, which creates custom cocktails for passengers who fill out prescription pads with their favourite flavours.
- Family Harbor staterooms and suites, which are designed for families of various sizes and have their own child-friendly shared hangout space, the Family Harbor Lounge.
- Havana staterooms which enjoy their own shared pool and hot tubs, as well as easy access to the Havana Bar, large Lanai patios and tropical decor.
Carnival has also intimated that the Carnival Horizon will debut its own new and special features, although there is no word as yet about what they might be. We are looking forward to further reveals!
You can get a taste of Carnival's Fun Ships in Australia if you aren't keen on heading all the way to the Northern Hemisphere. Check out the Carnival cruise deals available on the Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend and other cruises from Australia!