- "..they have the best prices on the web."
- T Heffernan, NSW
- 1300 13 41 26
Africa or Middle East Cruises
You might never have considered Africa and the Middle East as cruise destinations - but you should. These oft-overlooked parts of the world offer an abundance of coastlines, tantalising cities, spectacular beaches and amazing experiences. Put this vast area on your list and you won't regret it! Read more
Africa and Middle East cruise line options
Although this region does not have cruising options as abundant as some others, the selection is slowly increasing - especially in the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf. No longer are World Cruise sectors the only way to see Africa and the Middle East by ship!
Celebrity Cruises offers a good range of cruises from Dubai, in and around the Gulf and the Suez Canal, often across to India. In fact, many of the major cruise lines cruise here - Royal Caribbean, Princess, MSC and more. Seabourn and Azamara reflect the luxury of the United Arab Emirates with their Arabian itineraries.
P&O UK and Cunard call into many ports around Africa and the Middle East as part of their numerous World Cruises and sectors. Royal Caribbean offers some lovely journeys to North Africa and the Canary Islands from Southampton, and the continent's Mediterranean coast also gets a lot of love from various cruise lines.
Such a big part of the world has thousands of wonderful places to see - these are just a few which are commonly visited by cruise ships.
- Cape Town in South Africa is a famously gorgeous city, with a cosmopolitan sprawl of neighbourhoods and beaches overlooked by Table Mountain.
- Off the east coast of Africa is a string of beautiful islands which are popular holiday destinations: the Seychelles, Mauritius and Reunion.
- Casablanca in Morocco is a busy Atlantic-facing city and is home to some gems of art, culture and dining.
- Port Said and Alexandria in the seductive country of Egypt are both a feature on many itineraries.
- The sparkling and modern cities of the United Arab Emirates are popular cruise ports - these include the impressive man-made wonders of Dubai, and the museums of Abu Dhabi.
- Muscat in Oman is an attractive port with a lot of traditional architecture.
Take a look at our Africa and Middle East cruises and be inspired to set out on a unique journey!